Translate

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cissy's Quiche Lorraine

Mom called me "Cissy" due to my bro as a wee child not being able to say "sister". It stuck for life unless she was reeeeeely ticked off then it was my entire name run together as a single name. YOU know the tone.....big trouble! But I digress. This is a fab recipe that I somewhat adapted from a cooking card from Idon'trememberwhere. Enjoy. Hope to have photos soon of my first two recipes.

Cissy's Quiche Lorraine

1 stick or 1/2 pkt pie crust
12 slices (1/2 lb approx) bacon crisply fried and crumbled
1 cup shredded natural Swiss cheese (4oz)
1/3 cup minced onion
4 eggs
2 cups light cream (20%) or whipping cream
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon cayenne red pepper

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pastry for 9" one-crust pie. Sprinkle bacon, cheese, onion in pastry-lined pan. With rotary beater, beat remaining ingredients. Pour into pie pan. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven tem to 300 degrees. Bake pie 30 minutes longer or until edge comes out clean. Let pie stand 10 minutes befor cutting; Serve in wedges. 6 servings. (yeah right!)

No comments: